Help! Clutch gears problem

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 21:01:47 -0600

At 08:52 PM 12/3/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>... new gears and syncro's installed ... won't go into 5th gear now! It
>grabs right off of the floor. Do you think adjusting the cable will help?
>I did put in redline shockproof on Saturday.

Clutch cable adjustment is finicky, and many people and pro mechanics do it
incorrectly.  It usually needs a couple adjustments as a new clutch or
cable breaks in, too.  Check se-r.net for adjustment procedures.  If you
can grab the lever on the tranny (easy on B14s, no so on B13s) it should
have about 3/16" freeplay.

I dunno much about this "shockproof" stuff, but if it's really thick or
clingy it could impair syncho function.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R parts car