Solo II "Belting"

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:28:20 -0600

I think I got a fix for this.
We had our first Snowcone Event yesterday and Discovery Motorsports
(www.discoverymotorsports.com <http://www.discoverymotorsports.com> ) was
there with their trailer.. well I bought a G-Force torso strap for $15. I
will see on the 15th how well it works. Basically it is a 2" or so strap
that goes around the back of the seat and across your chest with a plastic
buckle to keep u in the seat.

Brian M. Cembor

If you are looking to secure yourself to the seat for Solo II type events a
less expensive approach is to use webbing with either quick release latches
(plastic squeeze to release latches, like found on life jackets and camping
gear) or Velcro (like a knee-board strap. In the mid 80's I made a 3" wide
strap with Velcro that went around the seatback and under my arms. The strap
held me tightly to the seat and was not so strong as to cause internal
injury in the event of a "sudden stop."
Charlie G