Does Lowering ONE END of a CAR causes weight transfertowards this end?

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:25:06 -0600

Chris Pronios wrote:

> From http://www.grmotorsports.com/cornerweight.html :

>Last paragraph in section "STATIC WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION":

>"...The only way to change the static weight distribution percentages is to
>physically move weight around in the car. Jacking weight will not alter
>the left side or the rear percentages.".

>Is it wrong? I ma asking because my initial analysis came to exactly this
>result.

It is indeed wrong.

Someone at GRM apparently forgot to put down the banana before typing.

Last year at TWS we spent a fair amount of time corner weighting Grover's
ITS SE-R .  I think we changed the corner weights by a considerable
amount.  This was just by adjusting spring perch heights.

Makes you wonder about GRM.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
http://www.nissport.com