engine build up

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 21:18:49 -0600

Anyways
> can U use GTiR rod bearings
> with a non-GTiR crank ?

***I am almost positive that you can. JWT or SR20
Development know the answer for sure. I will getting
my bearings from SR20 Development.

I heard that they have
> better design, and they flow
> oil better due to like a 360 deg oil feed or
> something like that ??

***That is exactly right.
> want to install a N1 oil pump on this engine, has
> anyone done this before ?

***Jon Hall and I both have. I believe Jody
Meisenheimer has, too. You will also need an N1 crank
pulley or a GTi-R pulley that has been modified on a
lathe. Also, you need the N1 or GTi-R oil pickup tube
(and gasket) as well as an N1 or GTi-R oil pump drive
spacer. These parts took Jon and Jody about 6 months
to get from England. Hopefully, you can get them
quicker this time around.

> am looking for higher oil pressure and more volume.
> Whats the price on one of
> these ?

***The pump is about $220 or so from SR20 Development
and the pulley was around $150. This was last year, so
my prices may be a bit off by now.

Good luck,

=====
Jay Whitely