tow bar for SE-R

Brandon Fujishige serturbo@hotmail.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:46:25 -0600

George Roffe wrote:
>Rather than a tow bar, get yourself a dow dolly.  They can be had
>reasonably cheaply off eBay.  Much better to get the front wheels off >the
>ground.

I was thinking about a tow dolly also.  It's just easier to store a tow bar.
  I've always heard that towing a car in neutral was a bad idea, but could
never figure out why.  Is it because of extra wear?

Darren Calbero wrote:
>Where this may be true (eBay), shipping a dow dolly to the 50th state >may
>be somewhat pricey.  Probably would be better to have on >bought/made
>locally.  Brandon, your SE-R is no longer streetable?

Yeah, shipping can be a real PITA for Hawaii folks.  It would probably cost
just as much as the dolly.  Not worth it.

DC, my car is still very much streetable.  I'm just getting a little closer
to the 12 sec. mark.  This gets me worried about breaking the tranny.  It
would make me feel better being able to tow myself home.  Instead of paying
over $200 for a tow truck to do it.  It's also nicer to be able to load all
of the heavy stuff in my 4Runner.  I don't like putting a lot of weight in
my car.

Brandon Fujishige
98 SE-R F-Max stage I
13.33 @ 103