UTI and other automotive Tech Schools

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 15:54:32 -0600

I would be interested in this as well. One of the high school kids I work
with at my church is thinking about this as opposed to regular Tech college,
I don't think he will be able to go to university.

Brian M. Cembor
>Hey guys, I'm sure some of you have been up late at nite and seen the
>infomercial about UTI (Universal Technical Institute) and stuff. Well I've
>been thinking about looking into maybe going to a school like that. Does
>anyone have any experience or knowledge about trade schools like that in
the
>So Cal region? A school with some type of advanced classes like a Porsche
or
>Mercedes or BMW like UTI does would be preferred. I would consider UTI but
>I'd also like to hear about other schools. TIA

We had two guys next door who went to the UTI body and paint school and
graduated last year.  They both got really good jobs in Chicago.  It was
about an 18 month program.  They seemed to like it.  I cannot tell you much
besides that.

As for a manufacturer's school, Mike Jez went to the Audi Doodie school in
AZ a few years back.  Mike could probably give you some good insights into
the various schools.  He looked into several of them and had some choices.