rollbar / safety issues with harness (something like that)

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:43:42 -0600

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 10:29:03PM -0500, geo3@earthlink.net wrote:

> The bar is usually far enough back to not be a danger unless the seatback
> breaks.  A cage OTOH puts bars perilously close to your head.  Now, I have

A rollcage, according to the SCCA Solo-II rules, is only two bars away from
a rollbar.  If you have a hoop, that's a rollbar.  If you have a hoop with
two diagonal bars (left and right) that brace the hoop to the rear strut
towers or floorboard, that's still a rollbar.  If you have a hoop with
*four* diagonal bars (left and right, forward and rear), you now have a
rollcage.

I got a little caught up in symantics; what are you talking about?

As far as harness strap placement, you really need to talk to the
harness maker about that.  On a B15, the LATCH system lower points are
at an ideal angle (relative to the top seatback) to be used with something
like a Schroth ASM Ralleye 3 or ASM AutoControl.  I don't think that any
B14s had LATCH points, though.  Best contact the harness manufacturer...

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |