rollbar / safety issues with harness (something like that)

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:29:04 -0600

cowboydren@b15sentra.net wrote:

>I disagree.  On the street, you should use a DOT-type seatbelt.  On the
>track (autocross, whatever), you should use a harness and a helmet.  A
>harness should not be used without a rollbar, and a rollbar should not
>be used without a helmet, but you should not use a helmet *or* a harness
>on the street.

A rollBAR is OK

A rollCAGE is not.

The bar is usually far enough back to not be a danger unless the seatback
breaks.  A cage OTOH puts bars perilously close to your head.  Now, I have
a hard head, but I think cage tubes (even padded like my room) are harder.

George Roffe