cv boots

Ben Missele ben_missele@yahoo.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:28:48 -0600

> I can get a new boot for $110 installed... not sure what way I

> want  to go here.. don't really have the SKILLZ to do an axle
> job yet... and  if I am in there I might as well put some Syn
> trannie oil in right? all of  a sudden this is getting more
> expensive than I want...

 I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but when my CV boot
ripped, I had the whole axle replaced at CarX for $180. It came
with a 1 year warranty. To me, it made more sense to have the
whole thing replaced than to just replace the CV boot and find
out later that the axle is trashed and have to replace that. I
also don't have the skills or tools for an axle job.

 The only bad part was that it took them all day because they
kept getting the wrong part from their supplier. The axle was a
new part (not rebuilt). They did tell me the name of the
supplier, but I don't remember.

Ben
'93 NX

=====