NX2000 questions

Kevin J. Hart bowlcut@comcast.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:04:52 -0600

> I own a '92 NX2000 with auto tranny.

whats just as sad is i own a classic with one.  And see more auto Nx'en than
5 speed ones around here.

> 1. it shifts hard into second, even with 215/40/16's, the car easily
chirps
> second when you are heavily accelarating.

Mine shifts pretty hard but never has chirped the stock wheels.  If I had to
guess Id check the "droping resistor" that is on the drivers side strut
tower in the engine bay.  If it was owned by a ricer it is likely he/she
disconnected it to "make it feel faster".  Have heard of many of the
altimas.net boys talking about doing such things.  Its a long silver looking
piece.  Mine says Jecs on it.  Mounted to the strut tower around the area
near the MAF.  Id check make sure its pluged up, and maybe even within
specs.

> 2. there is alot of road noise that comes from the back tires, even with
the
> stock tires.

Most NXen are loud cause there is nothing between you and the wheels but one
layer or steel.  Hell Calum's CRX is loud cause its a hatch as well.

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)
missing upper east tn and southwest va