NX2k, loud road noise

Jason Garrett Young jasongyoung@jacomanufacturing.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:12:05 -0600

As some of you know, I posted earlier about the excessive road noise that
comes from the rear of the car in the fender wells.

Well, at lunch I took my dad to his house to feed the dog cookies.

He looks in the fender wells and shows me.

The m*ther f**king inner fender wells are almost totally rusted away.  I
have not really seen this before on a car that is almost rust free
otherwise.  I should know as I own 5 other se-r's, ranging in rust, and many
worse than this NX.

He put his hand in there and part of it even fell on the tire.  You can feel
the outer fender and the trunk lining thru these hose openings.

My concern is not worrying about the past, but simply fixing this.  What is
your advice?

I am having the car candy painted later.  Do you think I could easily have
the guy just weld in some pieces?  He's an excellent body man.

Should I sit and cry R.K. style, or is this nothing to worry about.?

jgy
dubbed q45