FW: washer nozzles

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:45:17 -0600

Brian Cembor wrote:
>>My driver side doesn't work and the passenger side just kind of dribbles.
There is pressure in the system, I can detach the hose and hit the switch
and the fluid squirts out.  Is there a way to clean these? my thinking is
that
 they are just clogged with wax or gunk.<<

I had good luck in restoring the washer nozzles on a friend's Saturn by
removing the hoses and with the hood shut, spraying water from a garden hose
into the nozzles to back flush them out.  I assume that they had some debris
in them, and this method got them working like brand new again.  You
probably will want to run the washer with the hoses disconnected to make
sure that they are flushed as well.
YMMV

Tim Rogers
-93 NX T-top -needs wiring work