NISsport oil pressure sending unit adapter

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:49:41 -0600

Brock Stepan wrote:

>Could anyone enlighten me as to how an oil pressure
>sending unit adapter works when it is used to source
>oil for a turbo?  I'm trying to get a list together of
>all of the tees and lines I will need to use for my
>Aveneir T25 turbo kit on my 94 SR20DE.  This piece
>sounds like something I could use, yes?

Indeed it is.

I'm trying to answer your question without sounding like an advertisement,
but we designed this adapter with multiple uses in mind given the needs of
a variety of SR20 enthusiasts.

Our adapter first of all retains the stock oil pressure switch (that turns
on the oil light in the dash when pressure is low - ironically it usually
means damage is already done, but that's another issue).  The adapter has
(3) 1/8 NPT ports that can be used for any use you might have.  There is
enough room to use all three, although one could potentially be a bit
difficult to use depending upon your use.  Specifically, you could attach a
1/8 NPT oil pressure sending unit in one port.  In another you could
install a fitting that would supply oil for your turbo.  In the
third?  That's up to you.  BTW, I'd suggest not measuring oil temp from
this port.  It's not likely to be accurate enough given where it's attached
to the engine.

Here is a photo of the adapter installed with an oil pressure sending unit
attached and a 90 pipe fitting with a compression fitting of the type that
could be used to source oil for a turbo.  It was just what I had lying
around for the photo.  I would recommend a SS braided line.

http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/Oil2a.jpg

Sorry if this sounded like a pitch or an advertisement.  The fact is, we
are SR20 enthusiasts and have been on this list for some time.  The part
was designed to solve some issues that no one ever provided a solution
for.  In the past, people have had to use multiple adapters and a series of
T's.  In addition, most of these were soft brass or aluminum and there have
been many reports of these fittings breaking.  So again, we considered the
needs of the enthusiast and made them from 316SS.  It's heavier than we
wanted, but it won't break like other fittings have been known to do.

George Roffe
NISsport
http://www.nissport.com