muffler?

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:01:04 -0600

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 03:22:44PM -0600, Brian Cembor wrote:

> I was reading through the docs on SE-R.net and noticed on Kojima's article
> about advanced timing that the it should be higher octane but didn't think
> much about it 'cause it was written several years ago.. I will reconsider
> that position now.

Why?  What about fuel or ignition technology has changed?  The only
thing that's changed since those articles have been written is that we
now know that 19* is probably more optimal (at least on non-roller
engines, more on that later), and that 91o fuel is safe enough to run
well hotter than that (something like 22 or 23* didn't even knock, but
didn't make as much power as 19*, either).

As for roller engines, nobody's tested them enough.  No, I don't have
the cash to volunteer, but I can tell you that 19* feels a lot better
than 17* did, but I'm not ballsy enough to try 21* without being on a
dyno.  We already know that JWT S3 cams work better at 17* than at 15*,
so who knows what the new piston/head design has done to other "well
documented facts" about SR20DEs?  Damn, but I need a better job so I can
spend more money on this car...

> Of those with advanced timing do you run 93+ ocatane?

Nope.  91's fine.  Get rid of that 87o camel piss, though.

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |