Wannabe Garage Rat SNAFU

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 16:57:35 -0600

Finally, bought a screw extractor set, and removed the snapped of screw from
the rotor assembly. And, amazingly, I didn't break anything else... though I
did buy 2 extra screws in case I over torqued it again.

Car still won't start. Got power, just no engine turn over. If I keep the
key in the starting position, I get some nice buzzing and blinking.
Tomorrow, I guess I'll pull the starter and take it to an autoshop and see
if it's the problem.

Still can't believe such a simple tune up(plugs, wires, distributor cap and
rotor) turned into such a mess. I even completely pulled the battery instead
of the neg. cable so I wouldn't accidentally "light" anything up. Starter
had the usual(for classics, anyway) noise, but never gave me any problems.

Once again, I'll double check my wires. Then, hopefully have my brother help
me push start it. I live on a hill, if it doesn't start, it'll be a bitch to
get it back up by myself.

I'll even take a poke at the clutch switch as Brian suggested. There's just
been too many coincidences happening during this tune up(shakes head heavily
in bewilderment).

A big thanks to those of you who chimed in with help and suggestions, I
appreciate it.

Later,
Mark