dash bulbs ?

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 20:32:08 -0600

Raymond A. Kawski wrote:

>You need to use bulb condoms.  In fact the stockers have a
>light blue one on them anyhow.

Actually, I wouldn't call them light blue.  Incandescent lighting is
yellow-orange (our brains correct the color for us usually).  I seriously
doubt you could find a darker bulb condom that would give you a deeper blue
color - certainly not with any sort of brightness.  The blue bulb condom on
the bulbs in our gauges simply correct the light from yellow-orange to
blue-white.

I could be wrong, but I think the VW instruments use LEDs to get that
brilliant blue color.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>