damn door locks on se-r (96)

B K ndskyz@hotmail.com
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 09:03:00 -0600

More than likely the contacts on the power door locks on the drivers side
are sticking. Same thing happened to me with my 96. A while back. I got in
started the car up, got out to scrape the ice off my windows, closed the
door...and it locked on me! To fix it, I took the door panel off and removed
the switch assembly, and sprayed it with some electronic contact
cleaner/grease. Hasn't happened since. They doors ARE NOT supposed to lock
when you close the drivers door.

Intresting enough Nissan has fixed this problem..at least on my Fronty..If
you leave keys in the ignition and hit the door lock switch the doors will
lock and then automatically unlock.

Bryan King
96  200 SX SE-R w/stuff <-- Still a paper weight
02' S/C Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed <--- Toy hauler
2K  ZX-7R Ninja <---track toy