tranny problem and bushings

Cruz, Romeo RCruz@hdrinc.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:23:24 -0600

OK here's the symptoms:  automatic tranny won't go in gear sometimes or falls
out of gear sometimes. Example, when moving the shifter from Park to Drive,
the tranny takes a few seconds to actually engage Drive.  Or when shifting
from Drive to Reverse, it takes so long to engage Reverse that when you
finally press the gas pedal, you realize that you're still in Drive!  And
lastly, at slow speed coming to a stop, the tranny falls out of Drive and goes
to Neutral.

I know that this is an SE-R community but the car that this relates to is my
wife's 95 Dodge Neon.  However, this seems like it could be a general tranny
problem.

Now for SE-R content, I'm about to tackle the bushings on my B14.  I already
have the ES motor mounts, so I plan to pick up the control arm bushings, sway
bar bushings, endlinks, power steering rack bushings.  Am I missing anything?
Suspension.com seems to be the place of choice for bushings.  Thanks for the
help!

Romeo
95 turbo SE-R