Removing front fm NX

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:01:28 -0600

Rob wrote:
>>I've no idea how to get the parts off to straighten out any metal that has
been damaged.

Has anyone done this, and just how difficult is it going to be? Should I
just
bite the bullet and take it to a body shop??<<

This is actually pretty easy to do.  You will have to remove the splash
shields from under the fenders and the air dam.  Next, remove the air dam
(bolts are underneath and at the wheel well.)   The bolts that hold in the
front valance are located on top (about 6 of them), on the sides where the
valance meets the fender (access the top 2 of these through a hole in the
front and to the top of the fender sheet metal - you will have to move the
fuse box attached to the driver's side fender to access that side, and you
might need deep well sockets.)  There are 2 more bolts accessed from inside
the fender well that attach the lower front corner of the valance.
I'm no bodywork expert, but with a little help, you should be able to remove
these items in about an hour.
Let me know if you need any clarification.

Tim Rogers