2003 Nissan commercials

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:40:59 -0600

> Nissan's advertising agency seems to be on crack, showing little
> consistency between product lines.  The Frontier tv ads have a
> Dodge-like> feel to them (no background set).  The Maxima ads place total
emphasis> on> speed (see: grim reaper, black paint peeling to silver, chasing
the> setting sun ads) while the Z ads are some artsy-fartsy black and white
> deal.

There's a good article on freshalloy.com about the new marketing campaign.  The
old ads are from their previous plan.  They were designed to show the good
points or whatever of each vehicle.  But they didn't make any connection
between the cars in the product line.  The new SHIFT idea is more of a
corporate ideologoy.  Well, I'll let you guys read the article....

Khiem