2003 Nissan commercials - was Re: SHIFT_2004

Ivan Chou ichou@sdf.lonestar.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:12:15 -0600

Off-topic, but in one of those new SHIFT_ commercials, has anyone noticed
the B13-looking rally car leading a line of cars across a desert
landscape?  Whose car is that?  (SE-R content)

There is also a new Z commercial that features custom license plates from
older Zs of all models.  Very high cool factor!

Nissan's advertising agency seems to be on crack, showing little
consistency between product lines.  The Frontier tv ads have a Dodge-like
feel to them (no background set).  The Maxima ads place total emphasis on
speed (see: grim reaper, black paint peeling to silver, chasing the
setting sun ads) while the Z ads are some artsy-fartsy black and white
deal.  I guess, the Z doesn't "need" to be shown flying down some twisty
canyon road.

Maybe Nissan is targetting certain demographics, but companies like Mazda
and Dodge typically assign one 'soul' to their whole product line in ads.
At least we don't have people dancing and bouncing in the car like
Mitsubishi (lol).

Ivan - '93 SE-R 112k, '95 M3 108k
http://ichou.freeshell.org/se-r.html