Custom Sleeves 88mm-90mm (opinions)

P@ bossman@customsteel.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:44:34 -0600

So, any one else want to chime in on this subject?  I know you are just
itching to put in your two cents on this project. :-)

To recap:  Creating custom sleeves for the SR20 to accomodate a 90mm piston.

a .PDF of the drawing is here -
http://www.customsteel.com/2001/G20/Sleeves.PDF
Material is Ductile Iron
To be made by www.dartonsleeves.com
with a 90mm bore on the sleeve, it will leave 0.103" wall thickness on the
sleeve.

- Mike Kojima says: 90mm might be the max on piston size.

- Mike Jez says: So with a 90mm bore size we go up to what 2.2L now?

>From my impression, this is kinda uncharted territory, with the exception of
some 89mm sleeving done by Andreas and Mike.  Im still looking to see if the
overall design is a sound one.  If there isnt any other feed back, good or
bad, Ill be placing the order for these come late November.

Cheers,
P@
www.customsteel.com
99 G20 with some mods....