Clutch, Etc. Pricing

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:45:12 -0600

Whoakay; went to the Stealership today, because my 9k-mile-old front
pads had glazed and were making a noise I didn't recognize.  Thank you,
Nissan dudes, for giving me massive brakes; too bad I never use them.

While I was there, I checked the prices on some misc. parts that I've
always wanted to have on-hand.  The big one was the clutch disc.  It's
been said time and time and time again that the B15's disc is most
excellent for N/A and even low-end turbo and N2O cars, up to about
250WHP.  Appearantly, Nissan has a "new" clutch kit, which is listed to
fit basically anything from '91-up with an SR20DE powerplant (not to
mention a QG18).  It includes:

 - New Key Value Disc
 - New Pressure Plate (aka "Cover")
 - New Bushing
 - New Throwout Bearing.

The price?  $132.49.  After I picked my jaw up from the counter, I asked
him to prove it.  He pulled the part number, showed it to me on the
screen in the price list, and pulled the box off the shelf.  "Well I'll
be..." says me.  At this price, there is absolutely, positively no
reason to put up with a slipping or worn clutch, folks.

Other parts of interest:

 - SR20DE(R) Fuel Injector - $123.28 @
 - SR20DE(R) Fuel Pressure Regulator - $110.18
 - Airbox Assembly (Upper and Lower, no Resonator or Midpipe) - $162.58
 - MAF Sensor - $488.19
 - Brake Pads (Key Value) - $39.95 (f) $59.95 (r)

I don't need new injectors, just wanted to know how much they were
worth.  charlie2020 has an interesting idea about a NISMO AFPR clone
using the standard FPR, so if I screwed that up, I wanted to know how
much a new one cost.  I screwed up my airbox assembly when doing a
ghetto WAI, so if I go back to stock, I know how much money to bring.  I
don't need a new MAF, either.  Besides; the one from an A32 Maxima is
the same P/N, car-parts.com here I come.  Forty bux for pads?  Hook me
up with some spares.

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |