Rear STB Bracket

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:08:28 -0600

At 02:56 PM 10/29/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>My friend just got a CNC machine at his shop. However, it is an old one..
>tape reader style... but he did buy a $1000 emulator... could I take your
>image off the web and use that or would I still have to save to floppy?

The "emulator" (often called a "behind the tape reader" or BTR) probably
lets him load CNC programs via a floppy or serial port, instead of punch
tape.  BUT, he probably needs a working program generated from some other
CAD/CAM system and appropriate post-processor.

The newer CNC controls have conversational programming modes where you can
sketch out a part on its screen and throw in some dimensions and run with
it.  Sort of a CAD/CAM Lite built right in.

-Wayne Cox
     Twenty Three --  Information Technology Consulting
     828-685-2338