gti-r questions??

joel armstrong yesous2@comcast.net
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:01:57 -0600

Subject: gti-r questions??

> i am having problems checking the timing on this gti-r swap in
92-se-r....the
> crank pulley jumps around when checking the timing!( and yes i have the
tps
> un plugged)...you cant get a good reading....

When I dynoed my GTIR, I played with the timing
in search of hp and when I unplugged the tps it did
the same thing. It just would not act right! It read between
20 & 22. We hooked it back up and checked it &
it read 15 deg. We then set the timing with the tps
hooked up and set it to 17 and gained 13 hp & 11tq.
241/254 @ 17 vs 228/243 both runs @ 14 # of boost.

> this car has a jwt ecu 3 bar 72lb msd inj's 300zx tt pump. turbonetics
> t3-t04e 50trim....adj fpr set @ 45psi...the car also has msd igntion and
> coil....

Although your set up is different from my set up. I have
t28, jwt ecu, cobra maf, walbro pump, & 50lb inj's. No
ignition.  Joel