pads and squeak

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:42:12 -0600

First question, on my old b-13 GXE, I was getting a brake job and the
mechanic told me that Nissan rotors were good for about 1-2 turnings. Nissan
made them thin to cut weight and cost. Is this true? And is it applicable on
SE-R rotors as I am getting ready for a brake change soon.

Second, my front squeaks when I go over speed bumps slowly. But doesn't when
I go over normal road bumps, driveways, and other misc. bumps. I believe
this is my front sway bar bushings as the rear sounded similar until I
changed them out, but the rear did it all the time. I am inclined to believe
this is so as when I had the car on the rack last weekend I noticed how worn
the front bushings were. Could it be something else?

Brian
92 SE-R 126K mostly original suspension parts