Custom Sleeves 88mm-90mm (opinions)

P@ bossman@customsteel.com
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 20:32:06 -0500

From: "mike kojima"

> I are you sure you want to do this?

Id like to give it a shot, whats the worst thing that can happen.  I blow up
my engine and waste about $2K on the bottom end. ;-)

$450 - Sleeves
$550 - Resleeve the block, bore//hone perpendicluar with the crankshaft, and
resurfacing the top plate.
$800 - New rods and pistons
$120-$160 - Piston coating, maybe coat the sleeves too, Im not too sure if
thats worth the $$$

>I am already well
> underway with this project and am also doing sleeves.

What measurment do you have for the distance between centerlines on the
pistons?  My measurments are close, I just want a second opinion on that
one.  Id like to compare dimensions on the sleeve design if you wouldn't
mind.  You can email me on that one (bossman@customsteel.com)

Secondly, I have 0.200" over hang on the flange, Im not sure that will be
enough, but I dont want to have to modify the flange to accomodate the water
passages on the top of the block.

> For structural reasons ,I think 89mm is the safest but
> maybe 90mm might be the max.

Maybe?  I guess well find out....

P@
www.customsteel.com