Made a rear strut tower brace for my classic

Omer Farooq Khan ohmfab@comcast.net
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:24:15 -0500

> Bravo! Nice job Omer. Does the rear set fit? Maybe your buddy would be
> interested in fabbing up some extra plates for your close friends. :)

I think when he has some more spare time (and I have a few more steak dinners
=) he'd be happy to.  Cutting stuff puts a grin on his face, that's him in one
of the pics tackwelding the tubing to the bracket.

The rear seat fits with absolutely NO problem.  I even sat in the back and
cannot feel that there is anything behind it.

I have a custom subwoofer enclosure bolted to the rear deck.  I cut a nice 8"
hole through the deck for the sub to fire through, that was back in my days as
a car audio installer.  This brace has stiffened up the back to compensate for
that plus some.  The car feels awesome now.  Ride quality is so much better, I
highly recommend everyone run out to home depot tomorrow and do this =), lowes
carries the stuff to if that's your flavor.

I'll find the drivers for my scanner and scan the template in 1:1 so anyone can
just print it out and cut away.

Thanks for the kind words guys,

Omer
'92 White SE-R @