block prep for new pistons

barinker@sbcglobal.net barinker@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:34:56 -0500

Ok this is a pretty basic line of questions.  If I am replacing the pistons in
a low mileage sr20de what do I need to do to prep the block?  Do I need to
have it honed or can I just slide in the new pistons and rings?  Followup
question: If I need to have it honed is this something I can do myself?  If
not can any good machine shop do it right or do I need to send it to JWT?

I want to do this right so overkill answers are welcome.

I'm trying to make some final finacial calculations so I have a specific plan
and the money before I start the project.  I think I'm close ;)

Brett

92 classic ... slightly tweaked