gearset interchange RS5F32V & RS5F50A

Bryan Barratt racerx70@kpunet.net
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:04:48 -0500

Well, now I know

> Can I swap the whole gearset into my earlier case? I would use the whole
thing
> but it is hydraulic clutch and not L/S

The Input shaft dia is larger and has more splines, The mainshaft has tapered
roller bearing pressed on the shaft instead of the ball type (and the inner
Dia is diff)

Maybe I couldv'e pulled all the gears and swapped shafts but that's wayyy to
much work. Plus it is not double cone 2nd and 3rd.

BTW anybody had problems with 2nd gear syncros? Mine has 148K on it and 2nd is
roasted, 1st right behind it. I figure a dragging clutch at some point probly
killed them.

Thanks, anyone want a tore apart Altima tranny?