Fixed my leak :-)

joel armstrong yesous2@comcast.net
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:48:23 -0500

Man changing them heater hoses is a tedious job
on a B14 with a 4 throttle body housing in the way!
For one, the 5/8 heater hoses you get from your
local car parts store does not fit the top plug on the
fire wall. I fought for hours trying to force the end of
the 5/8 hose on to no avail :-(  I finally double
checked the stock hose and low and behold, it's larger
at the end that attaches to the fire wall and then tapers
down to 5/8 on the other end! Soooo I had to shop around
and find one. Finally got the car done, Thank GOD! So I'm
up and running again :-) If you've got a B14 and plan to do a
GTIR swap, better change these 2 hoses while the motor is
out. It'll save you a headache and some busted hands later.
Joel
Joel & Viola Armstrong
Walk by Faith not by Sight!