Lake Superior - SCCA ProRally Championship Round #10

Eric Seppanen eds@reric.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:46:20 -0500

LSPR is a tough rally.  It's emotionally draining, physically exhausting,
and puts the competitors and crews through a lot.  I had quite a few
issues on Friday, mostly the fact that I chose the wrong tires, which
promptly wore almost bald, not a good thing on narrow mud and snow covered
roads.  Oh, and the rally light wiring failed, and a brake caliper froze
up.  Fun fun.  By the end of Friday's stages, I'd lost at least ten
minutes to the class leader, David Johnson, who was driving a brilliant
rally.

Saturday was much better; I felt like I had some pride to win back so I
pushed really hard, gaining back over two minutes on all the Production
cars.  Had tire issues again, lost the alternator belt, had _another_
brake caliper freeze.  I almost moved up into second in class, but in the
end came up 8 seconds short.

Only picture I've seen so far is:

http://gallery.jpmullan.com/2002LSPRbyJesseMullan/IMG_5169