PLS Help! Anyone work for Nissan dealership or...

Lee Combs sr20depower@yahoo.com
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:57:06 -0500

have access to the database or whatever?

I could really use some verification on something. I
have a 2000 Sentra SE w/PP. It has been brought up
that the transmission code for the SE/PP w/VLSD is
RS5F70V, but for open differential equipped cars, the
code is RS5F70A. Can anyone verify?

In the FSM, section MT page 20, the RS5F70A is the
differential case. RS...V is the viscious coupling.

I have called my purchasing dealership and they have
said that the VIN # indicates it has VLSD. However, my
transmission code ends with the A. (open diff)Some
dealerships say you can't tell by the VIN # and others
say you can.

Nissan North America doesn't even list a VLSD as being
available for my car, yet it is on my sticker invoice.
I'm really getting confused here. If anyone can help
and needs my VIN #, please email me privately for
that.

So even if the purchasing dealership says it has VLSD
but it actually does not, what is my course of
action??
Thanks for any and all help you can give.