My new 1/4 best!

Marvin Soonthorn marvinsoonthorn@cox.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:49:51 -0500

I've posted this on quite a few forums, but I know you guys all read the
list, so I'll put it out here.

I ran a 15.308@88.56 MPH yesterday at Xtreme Nationals at Dinwiddie.
Here's the link to the slip:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/pe8a678332ec258fc82e86aa9889
a691d/fd253628.jpg

I think I did rather well, since I ran that 15.6 without a header, short
shifter, ES bushings and throttle cable mod. I have a real problem at
the launch and with bringing down my 60'. I'm really hoping that after I
do the 3M Window Weld mod, I'll get rid of most of the wheel hop that I
get. It's pretty bad. I really need to take someone that actually knows
how to launch my car so they can teach me more about doing it right and
not wasting my time. I think with proper launch technique, I should be
lower 15's, if not 14.99. Is that too much to shoot for with what I got?

Also, as a side note, my buddy Shawn ran a 15.357@87.09 MPH yesterday
with a few things less than Project Neon on SCC. I know Mike K. reads
this stuff, but do you all think with header, he'll be able to run 14's?
Seems like he loses a lot in the top end after he gets going. I start to
pull on him pretty good at 3rd gear.

Any comments really appreciated.

Marvin
B15 SE with Mods