5th gear snap ring (Not popout problem)

Eric Waterman sr20pwr@comcast.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:49:29 -0500

Thomas's tranny has never been apart.  I know thibecause he called me with
questions on how to take it apart.  Maybe it was put together wrong.  The
transmision in my '91 had the same problem, except it got stuck in 5th.  It
was towed home, when my sister was stuck on the side of the interstate.
When I took it apart, that clip was missing.  5th gear was trashed, as was
the coupling ring.  Before I bought it, the other owner had 5th gear
replaced by a monkey mechanic.  From the time I bought the car, until it got
stuck, it would grind 5th.  I thought it was from them just replaceing 5th,
and not the other parts too.  Now I know what it was.

Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R