ECU question for the technically inclined...

John Campbell jcampbel@dfsfin.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:37:42 -0500

<but that appears to be a crystal which would be used to generate a clock
<frequency.
Sorry Chris, I didn't read the entire digest before I sent the last post.

<And is it actually that simple? I mean, does anyone have any experience
with
<"speeding-up" the processor on ANY ECU?

It is possible to overclock the Palm Pilot chip by quite a bit. The
resulting performance depends on the application, some work at 4x clock
speed some work at higher, some only work at 2x.
I'm not sure how this would relate to the ECU though. If someone discovered
that the ECU will run correctly at say 10x then the sample rate is
increased. I'm not sure about any other correlation.

John Campbell