Ok some se-r content, update on the next big thing, further SR20DE NA Dev...

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 07:35:18 -0500

> And I would like to bet that a VQ never ends up in
> your engine bay running and that you never build a
> fast car.
Maybe not a VQ but I got a 160WHP NA motor for less than 2K bux... Ive ran
14 flat in it with a bad clutch 2 weeks ago- JWT thats seen countless
beattings on it. U guys can't run 13s with 170WHP out of a NA engine, thats
sad...from what I remember it was a close to 15 second run- AFIK high 14s.
Not impressive at all, considering kick ass suspensions, brakes, and 6K
dollar trick engine. I'm all for the little guys who don't know what JWT is,
do their mods in their back yard, SAFC, trial and error tuning. Since I
don't have the $$ to build up 10K dollar engines- wife, kid on the way, 3
cars, house payment... I just think that for that 3500 dollar crank U can
buy a Fmax kit and be set. Shit a used BBird setup on a DE will smoke this
stroker enigine- 230 WHP and 220 torque is enough without reving the piss
out of the engine. And another thing...WHY in the world U wanna put 6K bux
into a 500 dollar car... My friend has done that and car was crashed and
insurance payed him like 1400 bux for his car- it was a Civic w/H22 motor. I
myself reather buy a beatter for 200 bux like my old 90 Maxima and just
drive that- 300K miles and still rips 2nd gear. Probably keep up with a
stock Spec V also.
Mike Jez
01 Maxima aka BlackBird- unspeed limited top speed of 157MPH
90 Maxima beatter - 143MPH top speed- 300K miles.
93 SE-R