Coilover (GC or whatever) hardware question.

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:04:12 -0500

Chris Pronios wrote:

>In any case, I have tried to find info regarding the Monroe set on the web
>but to no avail. Do you know if this info is available anywhere ? (I
>exclude the secret documents you use to cite the existense and part# in
>your message :-)))

I was simply referencing the Monroe catalog.  Any Monroe dealer should be
able to get it.  I realize for you that is not so easy, but Carquest,
Autozone, or any US retail replacement auto parts on-line store that
carries Monroe should be able to get them for you.  You have the part
number which is the hardest part.

>Going back to Koni, I checked their pdf catalog and found a strange
>"missing" upper seat.
    <snip>
>However for 50mm they only list the Treaded Sleeve and the Lower Spring
>Perch. Can you shed some light in this?

>Do they have a 50mm Upper Spring Perch?
>Do I use the same from the 42mm kit (not very likely)?

The upper spring perch would be independent of the size of the sleeze.  It
would have to be made for whatever size spring you are using of
course.  The upper perches you list are for 2.25" springs which would be
too small.  You will want perches for 2.5" springs.

It looks to me like the part number you would want is:

70.29.01.119.0 - Upper spring seat 2.5" flat

This is my best guess from the Truechoice catalog <http://www.truechoice.com>

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>