Muffler silencer

Brandon Fujishige serturbo@hotmail.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:54:49 -0500

Romeo Cruz wrote:
>Do you guys know if these things really work?

They do work.  Most of my friends with NA cars use these.  It will probably
work on a turbo car, but you'll lose power.

Just for comparison, I have a turbo with a 3" exhaust (2-1/2" downpipe, 3"
tubing, 3" DynoMax Ultra Flo muffler, no cat.) and my exhaust is quieter
than all NA cars with exhaust w/o the silencer.  It is, however, a little
louder than NA cars with the silencer.  When I put my 3" cat. in, my exhaust
is half as loud.  There is a noticable decrease in power, though.  I'm
surprised that your car is so loud.

Bran
98 SE-R F-Max stage I