Tire wheel combo

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 21:36:53 -0500

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 10:21:02PM -0500, Qualudia101@aol.com wrote:

> I need advice from you experts out there. What is advisable, considering
> overall interest is acceleration performance with improved looks for
> primarily street driving.............I live in Nevada.

  Tire Size Comparison

Spec       Sidewall  Radius  Diameter  Circumference  Revs/Mile  Difference
185/60-14     4.4in  11.4in    22.7in         71.4in        887  0.0%
195/50-15     3.8in  11.3in    22.7in         71.2in        889  -0.3%
205/40-16     3.2in  11.2in    22.5in         70.5in        898  -1.2%

In my experience, a 1.2% difference is barely noticible.  If anything,
the worst that could happen would be that you start over-compensating
for a shorter tire, and get nabbed for speeding because you felt
confident that 75 at the needle was under 70 at the road, and were
wrong.  Nevermind.

> Considering price I'm looking into Konig Helieums 10.5LBS(15") and I think
> 12.5LBS (16") or Axis VPD's  which weigh  12LBS and 14LBS I think
> respectively.

Sheesh, can I have some money?  Seems like you have a little to spare.
;)  In my not so humble opinion, 16" rims on a Classic are entirely too
cool.  If it doesn't rub, I love the look.  Another alternative that
should cost a lot less money and you wouldn't be giving too much in
weight is the Kosei K1 Racing.  TireRack.com has them, as do many other
mail order vendors.

The only thing against a 16" wheel and tire combo is that it will weigh
slightly more than a 15" setup.  Would this be compensated for by the
smaller rolling diameter?  On a car with an automatic transmission, I
doubt you could feel the difference anyway.

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |