Lightweight flywheels on turbo cars

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 22:32:16 -0500

Well, the way I see it..... If you're road racing or drag racing, the only time
you'll be low in the rev range is taking off of the line or pulling out of the
pits.  During road racing, you'll probably never drop below 3k rpms.  With my
t25, cams, and small exhaust, I'll hit 10psi at ~2700rpms.  Anywhere above 3k,
as soon as I get on it, I hit full boost practically instantly.  So I see a
lightweight flywheel being an advantage because when you're higher up in the
rev range, the car will make full boost almost instantly anyways.

Khiem