glen

? grailer@yifan.net
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 18:20:35 -0500

"KIERAN A. LAVIN" <kal8121@oak.njit.edu> wrote:

  > Through the bus stop, what's your speed Carson?

<shrug> Dunno. I've never looked at the speedo. I've done it high in third
(shift to fourth around track-out before going right into the outer loop) and
I've done it well into fourth. I know I've done it right when the car just
*rockets* like a slingshot out of the bus stop, about halfway through. I think I
prefer third because I can use the throttle better in third to tamp the back end
down as I cut left through the bus stop - I normally will lift the inside rear
wheel under a four-wheel drift through there.

  > Is that possible that I was going through there at 95
  > or so?!?

Sure, with a decent suspension and track rubber, I can see that.

Carson M. Hanrahan                        '91 Classic w/the usual stuff
"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss