The Glen

? grailer@yifan.net
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:11:29 -0500

"George Roffe" <geo3@earthlink.net> wrote:

  > No wonder so many cars get planted into the guard rail there.

Actually, it's not as bad as it seems really - the course is really gentle
there, with lots of road camber, and really plenty of room. It's not like you're
making an abrupt change in car direction or anything. The transition from three
to four is actually pretty straight. In fact, once you're into the esses past
turn two, the course sweeps nicely and is practically straight... The car almost
drives itself through there.

To be honest, and I haven't seen that many racing events at The Glen, I can't
see why folks would lose it there unless it's in the rain. Then, there's a nice
river running down the esses and turn 2's concrete patch is kinda slick (though
not as slick the outer loop). I can think of far more likely places to lose it
than the esses.

<shrug> Anyway, that's my $0.02, but what do I know? I'm just some guy in a
Sentra.

Carson M. Hanrahan                        '91 Classic w/the usual stuff
"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss