The Glen (long)

russell mcmullan cleanone@hotmail.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 07:24:17 -0500

It sounds and looks like you guys had a good time.  I really like the one
pic of the Black Classic with Jersey plates? that doesn't have tape on the
head lights.  You can see that the inside rear wheel is off the ground!!!!

I need to meet up with you all at a track event sometime.  Heck, I have
already driven my car from Orlando, Fl to Elkheart Lake, Wi to run at Road
America twice!  New york would be no problem.  Perhaps VIR would be better
though.  Anyone want to come down and run Sebring?  How about Road Atlanta?

I would just like to give a little story about my track time at Road america
a couple of weeks ago.  This event is run by the Alfa Romeo Owners Club so
there is always some serious hardware out on track.  One guy had a rig with
a 550 Maranello (which he stuffed on Saturday), a F40, a 360 Challenge car,
and a 333sp and a crew of people to keep him running all weekend!!!!!  Holy
Mr Money Bags Batman!!!  He was not a very good driver but at least he was
out there running which is more than you can say for a lot of Ferarri
collectors.

So on a sunday practice session I had open track when I came up to the 360
challenge car at turn 10 "the kink".  He was putzing down the back straight,
probably on a warm up lap, with me 3 feet off of his bumper into turn 12.
That thing sounded sweet too!  I knew that he would try to dust me out of
turn 12 and through Thunder Valley but I was prepared.  My bottle was
already on so I flicked the switch and pulled 2nd gear and into third before
he slowed down for turn 13.  He never pulled me. Then I proceeded to stay
right on his tail to turn 14 where he took an inside line and pointed me
past up the front straight.  I stayed on the bottle through 3rd and into
4th(at the bottom of the hill) and hit 120mph at the flagstand where I was
normally at 100mph off the bottle!  What fun!  I had another encounter with
a new Maserati driven by one of the Ferarri man's mechanics.  He was unable
to pull me and let me past.

It is nice to have the juice when you need it at these events because the
boys wiht the big toys like to open it up on the straights and get in your
way at the turns.  It must be nice to have boost!!  The photographer said
that the Ferrari guys were asking questions about my car.  I should have
introduced myself but never did.  Maybe next year.

Give us a couple of months heads up for track events in 2003 that you guys
are attending.  Maybe I can join up and we can have another SE-R or two on
track!!

Russell McMullan
Orlando Fl
'96 SE-R  JWT 100shot keeps em guessing