Dead Battery Question

Julian julianh@alchemysemi.com
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 14:48:31 -0500

Gentlemen,

I've got a question maybe one of you with a garage queen or track only
car might know.

My Westco battery won't hold a charge longer than a day.  I think
it may be bad because I use it in my NX which for the past 6 months
or so has been sitting in the garage and taken out about once a
month.  I read, on the internet :-0 , that batteries like this don't
like to sit for long periods but should be used on a more daily basis.

Do any of you guys running Westco batteries on an intermittent basis
(ie: track cars) encounter this problem?  Should I look at maybe a
small Optima or Hawker Genesis instead?  Another idea is the heat
underhood of my turbo car killed the battery prematurely.

Thanks,

-Julian
'92 NX turbo & '92 SE-R