Steering rack problems?

eronjansen@att.net eronjansen@att.net
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 17:13:08 -0500

I'm trying to isolate a weird steering problem on my 94. It's not the ball
joints or tie rod ends as I had them checked at a shop. They gave me an
alignment, but the car, especialy on the highway feels like it wants to shoot
over when I change lanes. The steering wheel kinda yanks over when I change
lanes. Unlike Ron Chongs problem there is no clunk in the front end & the car
still turns tightly in low-mid speed manuvers, just cant figure out why she's
so loose above, say, 45 or so. Could I have a problem with the steering rack?
Any ideas are appreciated.

Ed Jansen
94 SE-R
135000 miles now, 41 when purchased new in Feb 94