Flywheels and pulleys

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 22:10:38 -0500

I got a JUN Ultra Light flywheel in my SE-R, it does take more revs to get
going than a stock flywheel, but JUN is like over 60% lighter than stock.
Combined with higher compression, UD pullies, all the goodies, engine revs
up like a F1 motor. It builds up RPMs like no other car I know of- just free
reving it. Downside to it is, if U got a pretty stiff clutch it can be kinda
hard to drive smooth in traffic with a light weight flywheel and lets say
JWT clutch- what mine is- over time it got alot touchier- its about 3 years
old. With JUN the RPMS drop very quick, so U got to be using that SMC short
throw shifter alot- gotta have this in your car. I heard on list member got
9WHP from a JUN flywheel alone, and gained another 7WHP with the UD pully
kit... not bad for a total gain of 16HP- that doesn't sacrifice any low end
power or cause the car to be louder, or polute more :)
Mike Jez
93 SE-R every mod but JWT cams- going in my spare SR20DE-T motor
90 Maxima soon sold
01 Maxima
91 Stanza/BlueBird 5spd- soon AWD with a DE-T.