FW: "Is there anybody out there?"

NX 2000 nx2ked@hotmail.com
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 00:06:07 -0500

This is something that I always wondered about.  When the specs on the NX
and SE-R say 67-33 front rear weight ratio, it was done with the spare,
jack, and all fluids in place.  By removing the jack and wheel, you
ultimately change the front/rear weight ratio.
Why I bring this up is because I thought you wanted as close to 50/50 weight
distributions for optimal handling thus why the importance to relocating the
battery to the back of the car.
IIRC, Mike K. once said that by relocating the battery to the trunk, it
gives the same effect as if the motor was moved 5 cm towards the firewall.

So far, at the local autoX there is my Spec V and a Silver Spec V without
the special package.  In my opinion, his car rotates better than my Spec V
and he leaves his jack and spare wheel in his car whereas I take mine out.