SR20 motor won't start

AustinPR69@aol.com AustinPR69@aol.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:20:34 -0500

wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net wrote:

>My guesses, in order of ascending badness:
>* Your compression numbers are erroneous, probably due to wrong procedure.
>* You blew out some rocker arms
>* Head gasket leaking
>* Valves bent / pistons melted / other internal mechanical damage.

The compression test was done correctly, but after taking off the valve
cover today I got a visual confirmation on what was wrong. The problem was
a few rocker arms, some snapped and two just came off. Two cam lobes were a
little scratched, does anyone know if that will dramatically effect
performance or know what I can do to smooth them over correctly? Thanks
again everyone.