Your message to the SE-R list was rejected.

Jorge R jorger81@yahoo.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:49:01 -0500

Hey list,

I have a friend that just bought a '93 SE-R. First of all let me tell
you about this car, the previous owner treated it like crap. The car
is on it's 3rd engine. He supposedly *rebuilt* this engine. It has
a JDM header (the OEM one) it has some kind of cams because you can
hear the lumpy idle, pop charger filter and exhaust. Well the car
pulls up to 4k just fine but after that it just falls flat on it's
face. No power what so ever, the car feels like it's struggling really
bad up to redline. I checked the timing and it was up to about 22*
and I backed it down to 17. I didn't have a voltimeter (sp?) to check
the TPS, but as soon as I get one I will check it. Any ideas? The car
just plain and simply sucks to drive. No power up top whatsoever. Any
input would be greatly appreciated. TIA